We believe marketing is revolutionary, and that marketers need a platform where they can come together and share their learnings in a community, community for marketers. Passionate Marketing does exactly just that. We pride ourselves on providing our community with timely, high quality and valuable content from some of the best minds in the industry. To preserve the quality of content, we request you to follow the below guidelines-
- All posts must be at least 300 words and may contain relevant images, videos, and outbound links that improve the overall experience of our community.
- Kindly keep the content free of irrelevant hyperlinks and submissions containing keyword stuffing. All links must naturally fit into the sentence/article and add value to the content, and not any kind affiliate links. For more information, see Linking Guidelines below.
- No promotional or advertorial post here. We do not publish company-specific news, press releases, or content reading similarly to a press release. Contributors are welcome to include a relevant CTA at the end of their posts. It may be either image or text-based (1-2 sentences).
What counts as an acceptable CTA:
- A download for some sort of content resource (guide, report, white paper, eBook, etc.)
- Registration for an event (webinar or live event)
- A free demo (must link to signup page)
What does not count as an acceptable CTA:
- A call to visit a company website
- A call to follow the company on social media, including social profile links
- A call to subscribe to email newsletters and other related subscriptions
- A call to contact a company, including all forms of contact information
- For Individual contributors, bios will be written in individual profiles. It must not be included a midst the text of the post.
- If the post has been written by multiple authors, it will be published under one name while the other authors will be credited in a by-line at the bottom
- Please keep your posts as ready-to-publish as possible, in sync with the guidelines. Posts requiring heavy editing may be rejected.
- Authors submitting posts manually are responsible for checking the status of their posts to see if there are any edits required, as well as for making those edits and resubmitting the posts. Please note that when edits are needed on any submission to make them meet our guidelines, it will take longer for those posts to publish.
- All contributors are responsible for the originality and accuracy of their submissions. Any contributor found to be plagiarizing any percentage of his or her content will be subject to an investigation of his or her entire body of work. If found guilty of plagiarism, the offending author will be banned from the community with all content removed.
What counts as plagiarism (this list is not exhaustive):
- Copying another person’s work and submitting it as your own, word-for-word.
- Copying another person’s work and changing some words or phrases.
- Copying any part of another person’s work, whether changing words or not.
- “Spinning” another person’s work.
- Using another person’s idea as your own, including the progression, flow, and main points of a post, examples, images, etc.
- Copying content from any website, whether an author is given or not.
- Content should be relevant to our site and audience of marketing professionals.
- Quotes should only be used if relevant, and not to promote any company link.
- We syndicate content published on Passionate Marketers to third parties such as Yahoo! News, Bing News, and Google News. Please proofread and edit your posts carefully before submitting, as they syndicate the version originally published on our site. We cannot edit or remove posts once they are live, and we do not have the ability to edit or remove posts syndicated to external sites.If repeated requests are made, your contributor status may be reviewed.
- Posts may take at least 1 week to go live. All post publication & editing is done at the discretion of Passionate Marketers.
- No more than 3 links should point back to any domain. While lots of internal links make sense on your site, on ours, they can come across as being spammy.
- Relevant articles and blog posts
- Research or data
- Resources that will genuinely benefit the reader and make sense in the context of the post
- Affiliate links
- One’s own company links (homepage, About Us, Contact, Prices, Products, etc.)
- Product/service/pricing pages
- Category/tag pages
- Company social profile links — please place these in your profile instead.
- No posts that indicate link building will be posted.
- Please do not use repeat links or repeat keywords/anchor text.
- No keyword-rich linking.
- We reserve the right to remove or no-follow any link at our discretion.
If you are submitting a post in which any link must be included, it is likely not going to work for us, as that would constitute as sponsored content. Please be prepared for any included link to be removed.
Guidelines for Infographic Submissions
- Must also include at least 300 words of original text, as good as a blog post, providing useful information. It should not simply restate or summarize what is in the infographic. If an infographic post contains thin text, regardless of how good the image is, it will be rejected.
- The infographic topic must be relevant to our community of marketers. Irrelevant infographics will be rejected.
- Infographic posts should include a link back to the original image source page, not a company homepage. The infographic itself should not be linked; rather, the link to the original source page should appear below the infographic.
- The image itself should be high quality and full of relevant, useful information.
Quick Tips for Manual Submissions
- If you need to leave a draft and come back to it, *do not add a title* — otherwise, it might be accidentally published prematurely. Add the title when you submit it. (Be sure to click “submit” when it’s ready!)
- If the post was originally published elsewhere, make sure it links back to the original. Please note: If you are planning on contributing a decent amount of content that was originally published on your blog, we may ask you to set up syndication in order to streamline the submission process.
Please note: Submitting a post does not guarantee that the post will be published. Should your post not be published, please see the editing notes for opportunities to correct and resubmit.
These guidelines are subject to change at any time. Contributors are responsible for making themselves aware of changes and adhering to them.
Disclaimer: Your request to create a contributor account constitutes an agreement to these posting guidelines. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in your contributor access being revoked.
Now that you know what we expect from a Passionate Marketer like you, please submit your profile here to start writing on our platform.