Growth is only one component of scaling your business. It also means equipping the business with flexibility, agility and versatility to prepare them for future changes. To scale means your ability to handle increased workload in a cost-effective way and meet demands without suffering.
A business needs scaling to get a breakeven point where the ‘capacity’ of the business is worked on. The benefits of having a scalable business are-
- Better efficiency
- Consistent success
- Adaptability to future changes
- Better chances of survival in the future
- Strong competitor
Scaling a business vs. Growing a business
Growing a business means increasing your turnover and scaling a business means increasing revenue without incurring significant costs.
Advertising is a crucial part while scaling your business. Scaling advertising refers to investing money into the platform to drive more results. In this article we will specifically discuss Google Ads and how you can use them to scale your business.
How to Create a Google Ads Campaign?
Start by defining your goals and thereon you can start building the campaign structure. This will also require you to choose a campaign type. You can create campaigns based on your location, categories that your product and service belong to and your sales funnel.
Google Ads campaigns require thorough keyword research. If you know your buyer persona and general target audience, it is easier for you to know these keywords. Creation and implementation of Google Ads campaign is only a ten step process-
- Learn the basics like keywords, ad rank, cost-per-click, quality score and conversion.
- Organize your account by dividing your products/ services into two levels of organization.
- Make a budget, Google Ads give you two different settings: your daily budget and your bids.
Budget – It is the amount you want to spend on each campaign on a daily basis.
Bids – It is the amount you are deciding to spend when someone searches for a keyword and then clicks your ad.
- Pick your keywords, these are relevant words that your audience will use to search for your products.
- Set your keyword match types, this setting lets you further refine when your ad will appear.
- Set your landing pages, this is where your prospective customers will land after clicking your ad.
- Pick the devices you want your campaign to show up on, desktops, mobile devices or both.
- Write your ads so that it communicates well with your potential customers. Make sure to include necessary keywords and write it as uniquely as possible.
- Integrate your account to Google Analytics. This will allow you to even track the actions of people after they reach your website.
- Finish up and check back in, you are now all set to release the campaign. Do not forget to track metrics like keywords and conversions on a regular basis.
Using Google Ads you can provide people the right solution to their problems at the right time. While choosing your budget, start with a reasonable amount. The transparent and quick results are an added benefit while scaling your business.
Along with everything, change is a norm and needs to be taken into consideration while using Google Ads. One of the best things is Google ads deliver almost instant results in comparison to other approaches like SEO.
We also recommend you check out another article on 5 Reasons Why You Should Switch to Google Tag Manager